it’s what’s for breakfast.
or a little treat, after a workout.
I did not pre-meditate this smoothie, it kind of “just happened” …and I have a feeling it will “just happen” again…
Let me tell you more: Every time I have a banana that’s gotten too brown and soft for eating, I peel it, chop it up, and put it in the freezer.
After a long, hot, sweaty workout a few mornings ago, I was in need of something cold and nutritious. I remembered those bananas in my freezer + I had peanut butter on my mind. The chocolate idea came naturally to me (duh) and luckily I keep chocolate protein powder on hand for situations like this. I recently purchased chocolate almond milk to drink as a “treat” – you know, satisfy my sweet tooth and it + a few cacao nibs made gave this smoothie “milkshake” vibes.
Try it for yourself, here is the recipe:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 3 frozen bananas (peel, chop, and freeze the day before making this smoothie)
- 2 small handfuls of cacao nibs
- ½ cup peanut butter
- a small handful of dried coconut flakes
- 1 serving (10 g) of chocolate Protein Powder (I use Garden of Life Meal Replacement – Organic Raw Plant Based Protein Powder, Chocolate)
- 1⅓ cup chocolate almond milk (or any type of nut milk you prefer)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve immediately.