Essential Oils can be a little overwhelming in the beginning because there are so many of them and they all have a variety of benefits & uses. From cleaning your house to keeping your family healthy, essential oils can do so many wonderful things. The Thieves Essential Oil Blend is one of my favorites because it’s powerful and has several uses for any person & every household.
Thieves Essential Oil Blend was birthed from a tale from around the 15th century when the bubonic plague was running rampant through Europe and Asia. Four thieves from Europe, who were notoriously robbing the infectious dead bodies of all their possessions, miraculously never contracted the highly infectious plague which led to a deeper inquiry in court after they were caught and charged. The magistrate offered them a deal, their secret for a reduced sentence. Taking the deal, they told stories of their herbal knowledge and the powerful plant medicinal properties when combined in certain ways. This specific herbal blend that they had created and concocted from aromatic herbs was HIGHLY EFFECTIVE in killing airborne bacteria. Some of the stories told speak of it in a liquid vinegar blend, while others talk about a blend that was in a mask over their faces.
In 1997, Weber State University did a study that found the Thieves Essential Oil blend to have a 99.96% success rate at killing airborne bacteria. I don’t know whether or not the “thieves” story is true, but the essential oil blend that was birthed from it is truly antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-infectious. Thieves will also stimulate the immune system, circulation, and respiratory system, help protect against the flu, colds, bronchitis, pneumonia, sore throats, cuts, and more.
- Use Thieves Essential Oil in every room of the house for a warm, spicy aroma, to kill germs, & boost immunity.
- For a sore throat, gargle a mixture of 1 tsp. warm water + 2-3 drops of Thieves for a minute or two and spit out. The anti-inflammatory properties of Thieves should help reduce the swelling in the throat, the antibacterial properties could help get rid of what’s causing the sore throat, and the antiseptic qualities of the clove oil may help soothe the throat.
- Add 10 drops of Thieves + water to a 4oz spray bottle to clean your indoor plants and rid them of pests.
- Clean pet cages with Thieves to create a cleaner, non-toxic environment for them. Quick Recipe: mix 1 cup water + 1 cup vinegar + 16 drops of Thieves Essential Oil Blend in a spray bottle.
- Add a few drops on the bottom of your feet daily to protect you from colds & the flu.
- For headache relief, place a drop of Thieves on your thumb and apply to the roof of your mouth.
- Apply a few drops of Thieves to your gums regularly to prevent & treat gum disease.
- Apply to bee and wasp stings to neutralize the toxin and relieve the pain.
- Mix a few drops of Thieves with honey or agave in a teaspoon for cough relief.
- Blend a few drops of Thieves Oil with baking soda for a freshening powder that can be used on carpets, mattresses, and upholstery.
- Apply Thieves undiluted to the feet & toes to ward off nail fungus, infections, bad odor, etc.
- Sanitize earrings & jewelry with Thieves Oil Blend.
- Put a drop of Thieves on a pimple to help it shrink and disappear.
- Drop Thieves Oil Blend on a cloth to remove permanent marker stains.
- Apply Thieves Oil topically on cold & canker sores to reduce the irritations, swellings, and pains.
- The antibacterial properties of Thieves can fight off bacterial growth to prevent cavities, toothaches, and other dental issues. Add a drop or two to lukewarm water and gargle.
- Thieves oil promotes fat burning and helps you with a slim and toned figure.
- These beneficial ingredients in Thieves Oil can keep a healthy balance of gut bacteria and sort out stomach issues. Take 1 capsule of Thieves daily via a vegetable capsule containing 3 drops of Thieves + coconut oil.
- Carry a bottle of Thieves when traveling to clean & sanitize every surface.
- Diffuse in your home or office to stimulate a cheerful mood.
These are just a few of the many ways you can use the Thieves Essential Oil Blend. If there are other uses you’d like to share, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
To learn more about essential oils and/or get started with them, click HERE.